The slowly transformation of Salsomaggiore from "borgo del sale" to ville d'eaux began in 1839 when Mr. Lorenzo Berzieri discovered the beneficial effects of the waters of Salsomaggiore: he prescribed to a young girl of nine years affected by scrofula daily dives in the waters salsobromoiodiche gradually diluted and leads to healing
BEGINNING OF 20TH CENTURY
From this moment the thermal vocation of Salsomaggiore becomes more and more evident until it explodes at the beginning of the 20th century. And it is precisely the Grand Hotel Centrale, with the glass walkway that connects the hotel directly to the Terme Dalla Rosa establishment, to inaugurate the season of playful spaism, even before the birth of the monumental Terme Berzieri, which took place in 1923.
FROM 1940 TO 1978
Salsomaggiore Terme becomes a trusted reference point for spa tourism and since the 40’s, when the thermal services have a therapeutic value, a new season begins, that of social thermalism, which ends in 1978 with the crisis of "special thermal regimes"